Open To All - An Inclusive Sacred Burial Space For Those Of Any Faith Tradition
With pioneer graves dating from 1812, St. John's Cemetery is still a peaceful and unspoiled place of burial and lasting rest. Located on a section of a Clergy Reserve originally set aside by the colonial Governor of Upper Canada for building an Anglican Church, St. John's has managed and cared for this Cemetery since the parish was established in 1834 at the direction of Archdeacon (later Bishop) John Strachan under the Bishop of Quebec.
This cemetery that is so rich in history still operates with guiding purposes identical to those of the pioneer founders:
- To offer a ministry of compassionate and pastoral support to families who are grieving; and
- To provide a place of unspoiled natural beauty where loved ones may rest in peace and be remembered with dignity.
Open April 1st Through October 31st
Annual Service: Go to stjohnsorangeville.ca, then, Events Calendar for date and time in June
New for 2019, vaults are required for casket burials. A vault is a concrete liner that protects the grave from cave-ins, the Funeral Home takes care of this arrangement.